by Claire DeVaney, IWCS Charity Event Coordinator
Looking for something to keep you busy in the new year?
Each year the IWCS runs a premier fundraising event, raising money for our chosen charity Frauen helfen Frauen e.V. We’re looking for volunteers who want to pitch in a little or a lot for the April 2017 event.
Organising the annual charity event is hard work but it’s also lots of fun. We know that the bigger our organising team, the more input we get from our members and better the event will be.
We’re looking for members brimming with ideas, who can spare some time to help us design and execute an event that our members would love to come to.
Tasks might include:
- Conceptualising, creating and coordinating something that provides the WOW factor to our event (theme, entertainment, performance, staging, bar quiz etc).
- Providing a service such as photography or cocktail making.
- Executing logistics of the evening to ensure the event runs smoothly (recruiting bakers to provide desserts, helping to setup or breakdown staging, selling raffle tickets, welcoming guests)
- Promoting the event and driving ticket sales among the membership base and elsewhere
- Helping us to find new prize donors for our famous raffle
- Helping to us to build a strong trusting relationship with our sponsors and donor organisations
Whatever your special skill, whatever you love to do, we need your expertise.
What’s in it for you?
- Work within a team of motivated, supportive and lovely ladies towards a common goal
- Add to your CV/resume
- Learn about the charity sector in Germany
- Improve your German language skills
- Have fun and help us shape a successful event
As an IWC member, we would LOVE to hear your ideas and we look forward to helping you get involved as much as you can.
If you would like to be part of the team, contact Claire DeVaney using the contact form below.