MEMBERS ONLY SPECIAL EVENT – BURLESQUE WORKSHOP (+1)

BURLESQUE WORKSHOP
Friday, October 13th at 19:00
Studio Lalo Tango, Böblinger Str. 32a, 70178 Stuttgart
Nearest Station: Marienplatz
Cost €25 per participant, prepayment deadline October 6th, maximum 20

girl-2379705_1920

Join us for a whimsical workshop exploring the building blocks of burlesque with Stuttgart’s queen of the art form: entertainer, owner of gorgeous vintage apparel store Schmachtfetzen and all-round fabulous feminista Johanna Hellmich – AKA Raunchy Rita.

This workshop is all about building confidence and encouraging participants to find a new perspective of themselves – as well as having a romping good time!

Workshop includes:
– 2 hours of instruction and practice
– A glass of Prosecco
– No dancing skills required
– No nudity

Wear something comfortable and, if you like, something that makes you feel good. Haul those sexy high heels out of the back of the cupboard and bring them along 🙂

What is burlesque?
The ladies of burlesque are raunchy comedians and dancers with a twist, living by the edict that when you can laugh at yourself, no one can make a fool of you. Tied in with the vintage aesthetic, burlesque is as popular as ever and attracts performers of all shapes and sizes.

Dita von Teese made it clear that burlesque isn’t really for men. 70% of audiences are women – the other 30% is made up of gay men and dragged-along boyfriends. No wonder women find burlesque a safe place to celebrate a cheeky glimpse of flesh!

This is a +1 event, which means:

  • Any IWCS member plus one guest are welcome to attend
  • Your +1 can be any adult woman you know
  • You and your guest each pay the member cost listed below

The cost of this event is €25 per person, paid in advance. To reserve your spot, please RSVP in the pending Facebook event or use the form below if you are not on Facebook. To confirm your reservation, please transfer the €25 per person to the IWCS bank account no later than Friday 6th of October. If you have any extenuating circumstances that keep you from getting the funds to us by that date, please speak directly with the host so we don’t assume you are no longer interested.

Please note that this event is limited to 20 participants and has a minimum number of 10 for the event to go ahead.

Prepayments are non-refundable after the payment deadline. Members who have to cancel at the last minute are welcome to find another member or guest to send in their place.

Advertisements